For me, primer is something to be neglected. I believed that: "Yeah, sure it's another day! I take a bath and wash my face, slap on some good BB cream or use the compact powder. Swipe my favorite Human Nature lip balm, grab my bag and then off to school". I didn't really care about primers. Yeah, I know I should. For me priming is just when you want to REALLY make the makeup last long. I didn't really know that primers can actually conceal large pores, etc. No, this isn't an old purchase. And yes, this is the first time I've ever bought a primer in my entire human life.
Description: 1. Designed to be paired with our HD Studio Foundation, this silky makeup primer fills in pores, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and mattifies the complexion for a seamless finish. It also ensures the durability of your makeup, which will last for hours under even the harshest lighting.
It's says in the box that "it's good for all skin types. Softens lines. Light diffusing effect is perfect coverage for studio photos or taking fun pics with pals!" this description made me smile, lol, marketing strategy! What better way to sell a product than to associate it with the current trend and purpose of wearing makeup: looking good in pictures!
Also said in the box that it's High definition (well, duh "HD"), mineral-enriched,talc-free and paraben free. One shade fits all (although it doesn't have a shade because it's a bluish-white liquid thing that dries after five seconds) - Universal color.
Price: Bought for Php 420 (USD$9.68) in an online store. I got it cheap because it's $14 in the website.
Net Weight: 1.16 OZ (33g)
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Glycerin, Ethylene /Acrylic acid Copolymer, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Dimethicone, PEG-15 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Amodimethicone, C12-14 Pareth-7, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, VP/VA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), or Chromium hydroxide Green (CI77288), Ultramarines (CI77003).
Made in: South Korea (lol weird right?)
- really does a good job in concealing my large pores on the cheeks
- i can actually wear it alone without foundation
- brightens skin, ease dullness
- absorbs and blends out beautifully
- good enough for someone who doesn't really use primers
- no paraben!
- not suitable on a hot day. I wore this yesterday put in on around 4PM and then went out and took pictures with friends around 7PM-ish, my skin looked oily (i have combination skin though, oily on the forehead and nose, and parts of the cheeks). Probably another factor was that it was a bit hot in the room i was in. This experience i had totally contradicts what it says in the bottle that my makeup will stay fresh until the party was over. Yup, scratch that.
- You have to pat powder on your face again if it gets a bit oily (i hate this actually, it makes me think i'll make pimples grow on my face - you know with all the dirt and then you conceal them with powder)
- hard to find in The Philippines (have to look it up online just to get one)
- when you pump it, it tends to give out more than what you actually need so i end up putting primer on my neck also (umm, do you have to?)
- has propylene glycol! (read about it, this chemical doesn't leave the body once it's slapped on. Unless you detoxify or something)
Conclusion: So overall, it was a nice primer. It would probably be best for those who doesn't have oily skin on some parts of their face. Or when you're inside an air-conditioned room. I think you actually NEED this.
Will I repurchase? Hmm, more on the YES side.
Hope this review was helpful somehow! Thanks for reading!